National Council for Hotel Management Joint Entrance Exam (NCHM JEE) is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) to admit students into the B.Sc. Course in Hospitality and Hotel Administration (B.Sc. HHA) in different institutes of India. The institutes affiliated to the National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHM&CT) offer B.Sc. HHA programme jointly with the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU). It is a three year course, based on semester mode. The course equips students with the necessary knowledge, skills, and attitude required to discharge their supervisory roles in the hospitality industry.
Exam Pattern 1) It is a Computer-based test (CBT) 2) Exam duration: 3 hours/180 minutes 3) The question paper consists of 5 sections: i) Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude ii) Reasoning and Logical Deductions iii) General Knowledge and Current Affairs iv) English Language v) Aptitude for Service Sector
4) Total Number of Questions: 200
5) Marking Scheme: +1 for each correct answer; -0.25 for each incorrect answer
6) The exam is conducted in Hindi and English.
Exam Syllabus 1) Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude: This section contains questions from- i) Fractions and Decimals ii) Distance, Time, and Speed iii) Elementary Mathematics iv) Chain Rule v) Clocks & Calendar vi) Arithmetic (Number Theory) vii) Ratio and Proportion viii) Number Systems ix) Work and Wage x) Simple Interest and Compound Interest xi) Square Roots and Cube Roots xii) Simplification xiii) Profit and Loss xiv) Unitary Method xv) Areas and Volumes xvi) Age xvii) Average xviii) Logarithms xix) Variation xx) Percentage xxi) L.C.M. and H.C.F.
2) Reasoning and Logical Deductions: i) Blood relations related questions ii) Statement conclusions iii) Statement arguments iv) Statement assumptions v) Statement action vi) Alphabet test vii) Visual ability viii) Analytical reasoning ix) Data interpretation x) Linear arrangement xi) Complex arrangement xii) Coding and Decoding xiii) Direction and Distance xiv) Symbols and Notations xv) Series xvi) Syllogism xvii) Symmetry
3) General Knowledge and Current Affairs i) Music ii) Dances iii) Sports iv) Languages v) Books and Authors vi) Famous personalities vii) Prizes and Awards viii) Fashion events ix) Solar System x) Earth xi) Disasters and Natural calamities xii) Inventions and Discoveries xiii) Statistical data of the world xiv) International organizations xv) Currencies
4) English Language i) Sentences (Formation, Completion, Rearrangement, Improvement, Reconstruction) ii) Antonyms and Synonyms iii) Idioms and Phrases iv) Paragraph Completion and Rearrangement of sentence in paragraph v) Fill in the blanks vi) Analogies vii) Spelling mistakes viii) Vocabulary ix) One word substitution bold text